CARDIGAN BRICK WORKS
1843 First Cardigan Brick Works estabished in 1843.
1858 new Brick Works constructed and rented to George Osborne.
1871 (August) William Woodward took over management.
1873 new stack 127ft high built.
1874 new kilns built.
1875 dam burst killing two persons in flood.
1876 Oil lamps were introduced into works.
1880 business was in decline.
1891 business put up for sale.
1919 business revival attempt; Cardigan Brick Works Co was formed.
1923 company was wound up by this date.
1927 stack was demolished.
Inclined tramway from clay pits to works. In 1875 it was proposed to build a tramway from the Brick Works to the Teifi (under a mile) but it was never done.